Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rerubbered

Got my new tyres today so I'll be on bread & water for the next 6 months - and by then I'll need another set. Yep, not cheap but you gotta have them.

I've stuck on some Pirelli Strada's and I haven't run Pirelli's on any of my bikes for quite a while (and definitely not this tyre) so it'll be interesting to see how they go.

The original front only lasted me 6,500 kms so I'm hoping for a fair bit better out of this one. The rear at 10,060kms still probably had a wee bit of life in it but as I'm doing the Chateau to Plateau on Sunday which includes some gravel I didn't like the idea of riding on a tyre that was getting pretty thin in the middle. With a bit of luck they'll last be through the Mini's Return and winter - probably need new ones before the Grand Challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment